Thursday 16 February 2012

JESUS SAID! MY PEACE I LEAVE WITH YOU, EVEN IN VIOLENT SYRIA

OUR PEACE COMES FROM HEAVEN……NOT FROM EARTH

Recorded in the Gospel of John 14:

“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"

A Young Women believer found peace in Jesus Christ in the midst of yet another Arab revolution.

In recent times we have seen the horrific events in Egypt, Libya and other Muslim countries and have seen violent leaderships uprooted, the whole world is now watching Syria, where the death toll has reached way over 7,000 so far.

And the Nations do not know what to do. Reminds me of the scripture that Jesus spoke about “men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken” Luke 21

The UN is like a toothless Tiger as it achieves NOTHING whilst President Bashar Assad continues with his harsh and mistrusted regime and extreme Islamic groups want POWER so they can rule and force their faith on all Syrians. It's difficult for us to imagine anything good coming out of this turmoil

However a Young Woman named Abella in her early twenties, gives her a Christian perspective of it all

"In the beginning I was so afraid. Every night when I went to bed, fear sneaked in because of all the news I heard and watched on television."
"But one day I got a text to remind me about practice with our Peace Choir—that's what we call our choir. I asked myself how I could be part of a Peace Choir without having peace in my heart.

"I got convinced again that my peace comes from heaven and not from earth."
Millions of Christians in many countries around the world experience the same fear each every day as this young Woman does. But when they receive Bibles, and encouragement from Christian groups amid the violence and uncertainty they are able to find peace in Christ.

Our prayers and support have never been more needed in these critical times

Blessings

David

No comments:

Post a Comment